Thursday, June 26, 2008

What do you do to beat the heat?

That's the question Nature's Child Wholesome Goods for Mothers & Babies is asking their readers. If you share your answer with them, your name is put into a drawing and you could win a bumGenius 3.0 Starter Kit! Wowzers! You could get 18 diapers, a diaper sprayer, a dozen cloth wipes and a bottle of bumGenius Odor Remover!

bumGenius, otherwise known as BG in the cloth diaper world, is a one size pockt diaper that was recently redone to include, among other things, two inserts instead of one. In my opinion, BG is the closest thing to disposeables out there. Pre-stuffed, they go on as quick as a disposable, secured with a strong Velcro type fastner called Aplix.

I want to win just for that diaper sprayer! Every time I clean up a poopy cloth diaper I tell myself to just get a sprayer already! I haven't seen them for sale for less than $35.00. They are similar to what some of you may have at your kitchen sink, but these obviously hook up to your toilet and you spray the diaper somewhat clean into the toilet and into the wetbag or diaper pail it goes!

You gotta have cloth wipes if you use cloth diapers. It doesn't make any sense to reuse a diaper but not the wipes. Besides, it can get pretty annoying to have to seperate icky disposeable wipes from a cloth diaper. I know because switching to cloth wipes was the last thing I did.

I haven't used an odor remover, but with cleaning both cloth diapers and Hunter's dirty underwear, I should invest in some!

So, tell Nature's Child what your family does to beat the heat. A name is randomly drawn on August 10th. If you win, you can see first hand how easy it is to use cloth diapers and realize how much money you save by not buying disposeables and what about Mother Earth? Not adding more plastic and human waste to a landfill is a big plus for me!

No comments: