Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I did something to B I didn't want to do!

Hello to everyone on this rainy but comfortable Wednesday.

Today is Hunter’s Fun Day at school. He told me about kick ball and a target throwing game and dropping balls in buckets. He also reminded me that the PTO is providing a free lunch for them. It looks like the rain has stopped though. When he boarded the bus it was coming down pretty good, but now it’s ceased but the ground of course is wet. Since we live 15 miles out of town it could still be raining there or maybe it didn’t rain at all. No rain! Tim just replied to my email asking that and he said it’s dry!

Yesterday Hunter had a walking field trip to McDonald’s. He planned his menu and counted out the money he needed. Afterward they walked to the park and played for a bit before making the walk back to the school. He complained that it was a mile long walk. It was a nice 76 or so yesterday; perfect weather for a walk!

He scored a 100% on his last reading achievement test, which reminds me I still haven’t posted his latest report card for those of you who are interested. It will be under Hunter in School when I remember.

In a couple weeks we should get the scores for his big 3rd grade tests in math and reading!

The due date for the application for his summer residence camp scheduled for the end of July was June 1st. The past two summers we applied he was accepted, but there are limited slots. This year I didn’t get it into the mail until two weeks ago, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed there is still room for him. If he doesn’t get in I think I’ll be more upset than he will be, maybe. He has talked about it a little bit, so I think he might be looking forward to it.

Devin is always on the go, often too busy to stop and take a nap unless we’re in the van. He and Knight are both enjoying the free range the fenced in back yard provides for them. Rain or shine, you can’t stop Dev from going outside! Hunter’s friend Jonathon has been coming over a lot this week and Devin just loves him and often gets upset when it’s time for him to go home. Jonathon stayed the night and I thought for sure Dev was going to insist on sleeping downstairs with them, but he went into his own room to watch Thomas and continued the fun the next morning until Jonathon went home.

I swear he’s grown over night! I thought for sure some of these 2T clothes I have would still fit him, but even without the fluffy bum, he’s too big for them! He hasn’t been eating very well during sit down meals, but he has access to snacks pretty much anytime, so he definitely isn’t going hungry. If he is, he’ll come up and tell me so. I love hearing the sound of his voice.

Bryce is having some growing pains. It seems he has sprouted up over night as well, but not as quietly as Devin. He is getting his top eye teeth and molars, so I’ve been trying to help him with that. His face is still a bit chubby but we can see muscle in his thighs! Devin is no longer the only one going in circles around the kitchen island. Although slower, Bryce is right there in his brother’s wake!

I cut his hair. All those curls...snip, snip, they are gone. I kept two curls, taped to a card where the stylist spelled the name of the town wrong. What a difference a hair cut makes, but, my last baby's first haircut has happened!

We’ll be leaving Tim and the dogs behind early Saturday morning and heading to Georgia to spend a week with my sister Karyn. With gas prices I almost didn’t do it, but now that I’m not pregnant or nursing around the clock, it is time! So…I won’t be going to my 15 year class reunion in August. This is the first time some of you have heard this, but although I am curious to see how my classmates turned out, the people I’d really like to see I already do spend time with, or try to spend time with!, when I’m up north. The other people I’d love to get together with live too far away or have already said they aren’t going to attend.

I haven’t been posting much because I have two very bossy kings of the mountain to serve and when I’m not attending to them I’m trying to be crafty. It took me much longer than planned to finish that baby quilt for my new nephew.

I told Dev we would go to the library after I was done here and now that Bryce came and stole my mouse pad, I smell something that needs immediate attention!

Thanks for reading and write when you can! I’ll write again after the 15th, with a lot of pictures to share! See the calendar at the bottom of my home page to learn what we’ll be doing while there!

Love to all,

Yolanda

No comments: