Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hello everyone.

We, and the house, have finally recovered from a stomach virus. I’m so glad it was 60 degrees here yesterday! I was able to open all the windows and air out my house. Hopefully all the bad air was flushed out and we’re starting out fresh!

It all began back on Tuesday, when Bryce started throwing up. It’s just sooooo wonderful (insert sarcasm here) to be holding a baby and all the sudden, not once, but twice, you’re thrown up on. The only thing I had going for me is that breast milk, digested or not, doesn’t smell! Tim on the other hand, such a great dad! I started having symptoms about 4:00 on Wednesday. Devin started right before he went to bed that same night. I could not respond to Devin well, so Tim ended up making a bed on the floor in Devin’s room and helping him get through the night. So, he dealt with toddler vomit and ended up sleeping in the next morning with Dev and then staying home that day as I was still in no shape when I was running to the bathroom myself. Devin’s only indication of what was going on in his tummy was opening his mouth, or covering it with a hand. If I was there, I’d try to get him to the tile floor in the kitchen. Tim just let him puke on the carpet or tried to catch it in a towel. We do have, and used it often, a carpet cleaner, but it’s much easier to clean up on tile!

I was watching Hunter and asking him how he felt. He seemed fine and said he was fine. He had a snow day on Wednesday and on Thursday he went to school. He came home with a note from the school nurse saying he had complained about a stomach ache. When I asked him he said he stomach did feel a little funny. He couldn’t tell me the difference though between hunger pains and sick pains. But we soon found out when, while doing his homework, he took off for the bathroom. He really freaked me out when I noticed his vomit was bright red! When he was done he did tell me that he had had birthday cookies while at school and they had been red. Then the kid went back to the table to finish his homework! I told him to go lay down in his room, and he was asleep not long after that.

Between towels, clothes adult and kid sizes, I did a lot of laundry in a short amount of time! It lingered in Devin the longest, but being two, we couldn’t get him to rest like we wanted him to. He was running around with Knight, jumping from chair to couch to floor, playing in one room and then another, then suddenly he’d go from laughing one second, to a little whine the next, and then it’s all over the floor. Sometimes he was very upset about it, other times he’d just say, “Mama, come here!” and then I’d see it in his lap.

Mark! They are only sick every so often! It’s not always dirty butts and vomit, I promise!

Hunter has an appointment early next week with the optometrist. His blue eyes will probably be behind a pair of glasses like me.

I also learned about a martial arts therapeutic program I might get Hunter involved in. It’s kind of expensive, but I also know of a program called The Family Resource Fund in our county where I’m told that kids on the spectrum can get up to $1,700.00 toward programs such as this. I have more information about it coming to me in the mail. I have a website address –
http://www.insightwellness.org/movement_class.php, but it doesn’t go into a lot of detail. Hunter would be enrolled in the one called “TKD Fusion, for Attention Issues Ages 6-16.” It’s a 12 week program with a new class starting this week.

I’m not getting as much heck from Devin when I try to get him into the van. He loves to be outside, but now he likes to tell me which way to turn (he did get us there eventually!) and to stop/go when we get to a traffic light. Oh, boy was he made at me when I turned right on a red light!

As you’ll see in the pictures, Bryce is standing! Stop the clock, BACK UP! Oh, man, he’s not my baby anymore! He’s eating more table foods, getting stinkier poo, cruising around very fast, and now he’s pulling himself up to standing. I need to figure out what Hunter did to my camera so I can take a video. Right now, they all turn out like we’re part of Alvin and the Chipmunks!

What are any, or all, of you doing next week? Tim will be gone to a conference in California from Monday the 10th thru Saturday the 16th. He’s doesn’t seem to be looking forward to be gone that long. He probably told me what he would be doing, but I’m afraid it went in one ear and out the other! Sorry, Sweetie! All I know is that he’s going to Palm Springs, which is a couple hours north of Los Angeles, and I can’t go with him to see The Ellen DeGenerous Show! I watch her every day! He did say I could go with him if I really wanted to, but, alas, the boys. Oh, well. I’d probably freak out being there anyway, with all the people and having to wait in line for so long. With my luck, I’d probably travel all that way, wait all that long, and only get into what’s called the Riff Raff room; the home of the rejects. Overflow from the studio audience.

Well, I need to get the boys ready to go into town. I have some orders and books to mail out. Our foot of snow is gone and now it’s raining.

Take care!

Yo

No comments: